Sunday, December 7, 2008

Twilight - why it pays to be 15 and overlook stuff

I went to see Twilight because I read the book (and liked it) and the times for Slumdog Millionaires did not work for me. First, the book is so much more appealing as a story than the movie.  The two leads for the most part are perfectly cast and have a lot of chemistry together. Sadly, the dialogue is just ridiculous and not believable. It was so cringeworthy but again I am not 15. I just kept thinking back to the book which I never felt that it was written that way.  The special effects and fight scenes were not great either. Maybe its because the studio did not believe in the movie and was only budgeted at $15 million. There was one scene where Bella and Edward as whizzing through the trees and my only thought was Crouching Tiger did it better and I wanted to see more of the scenery. That is not what I should be thinking, right. 

this is another pet peeve of mine for hollywood movies. Why they cant seem get naturally dark haired actors to look like natural looking blonds. Every actor who was supposed to be blond looked bad. The coloring was so off it was annoying and distracting. Also Jacob's wig looked like a wig. Cant these people see this in the camera when they are filming. 

I am hoping the success of the movie will lead to bigger budget that gets them a better screenwriter and special effects. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I went to see the movie too. I was expecting so much more. I was expecting a vampire version of the matrix. I was very disappointed.

KarieK said...

LOL!! I can't stand sometimes to see the movies after I have read the book.....so depressing!! Loved your take on this!

BrnEyedGal said...

I agree with you on some points but I still liked it.
Cant help it...Im an Edward fan!!! LOL

PinkNote said...

got you a couple of awards in my blog.=) hope you can grab it soon.^^