Sunday, December 7, 2008

I love when people come to visit

Deirdre, our great T-bird friend is here in her annual trek for some alone mommy time. She has two adorable girls who as a mom of one is amazed that she doesnt escape more often.

She and my good buddy Shirley (another Tbird) met at House for drinks. This was not the plan as they were going up to some italian institute thingy but they decided to come down to meet me to provide support in my hour of need. I just had gotten laid off earlier in the day.  I was happy and grateful to have the company. Needless to say that I enjoyed 3 vodka martinis to celebrate and not commiserate. 

I love House by the way. Its a cute place on 17th between Park Avenue South and third. I just like the ambiance of the place and its not Mexican or too too crowded.  I have never eaten there but only gone for drinks. I am sure the food is fabulous and one day i will.  

I had to pick Alex up from Friday Night Fun Night, a chance to meet up with her preschool friends. 

We continued onto my apartement for some chinese and more banter. All in all not such a bad ending to a terrible start. 

8 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Hi, Thanks for the follow. I'm now following your lovely blog via my blogger dashboard. I can't find your 'follow me' button!!

Dumb Mom said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my place. You are much nicer than me; I hate when people come to visit because I have to clean. I'm lazy like that:)

yonca said...

Hi,
Thanks for following my blog. I'm following back now. I love having company too :)
Have a great night! Yonca

Angie said...

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for following My Four Monkeys!

~Angie
MyFourMonkeys.com

Stacie said...

Sounds like a good ending to a terrible day!

R3 Method Show said...

I like to have visitors too. It reminds me of the older days when people did it more often. Technology has its place, but face 2 face reigns supreme.

Show Me Mama said...

Yes, i love it when i have friends visiting me. It means that there are some people out there that are truly your friends :) Love your blog and thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great day! http://showmemama.blogspot.com/

Meryl said...

I think alone mommy time is important. It rejuvenates. I just always had trouble finding it, or doing it.